What is a pal

As of 1995, you need a Possession and Acquisition License – better known as a PAL – if you want to purchase or own a gun in Canada.

You no longer have to register your firearms in Canada, but if you want to purchase ammunition, buy a new firearm, or basically do anything related to hunting or shooting, you need to complete a PAL course. The good news is that you’re in the right place.

My name is Garrett Prevost and I’m certified to teach and test the Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) course. After one weekend or a few evening sessions, we can get you legally out to a firing range or duck blind.

Check out my calendar if you want to see where and when I will be offering the PAL course. If you and a few friends want me to come out to your neck of the woods and teach the course click here for more information.

To book yourself a spot in an upcoming PAL course, check out my schedule for dates and times.