As of 1995, you need a Possession and Acquisition License – better known as a PAL – if you want to purchase or own a gun in Canada.

You no longer have to register your firearms in Canada, but if you want to purchase ammunition, buy a new firearm, or basically do anything related to hunting or shooting, you need to complete a PAL course. The good news is that you’re in the right place.

My name is Garrett Prevost and I’m certified to teach and test the Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) course. After one weekend or a few evening sessions, we can get you legally out to a firing range or duck blind.

Growing up in a rural area, I’m familiar with the inconvenience of not having services available on my doorstep. I WILL come to you. I’m not afraid of rural driving and if the batter runs out on my GPS, I know how to read a map and/or orienteer using a compass! Get a few friends and/or family together and we’ll work something out. It’s even easier if you have a location in mind. I can teach the course outdoors on someone’s property or anywhere in a large room (including public buildings or schools if we get permission to use them).

If you live in an urban area, I am likely already teaching a regular course near you. If I’m not, just fill in the contact form and we’ll figure out where the most convenient location is.

To inquire about bringing a PAL course to your area or to book yourself a spot in an upcoming PAL course, please fill out the contact form below OR call me and leave a message.

I can also be reached at or call me at (204) 801-0377.